KMFDM, a band I have listened to for around 20 years and obviously a personal favorite, have shut down their Internet presence in protest of the harassment of Wikileaks and founder Julian Assange. Here’s a message from the band: THE INTERNET HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN In protest against the harrassment of WikiLeaks and the persecution of Julian Assange KMFDM has…
AZAAZ meaning “voice” in several European, Middle Eastern and Asian languages is a worldwide activism organization. They launched in 2007 with a simple democratic mission: organize citizens of all nations to close the gap between the world we have and the world most people everywhere want. I know what world that is for me, one without so much war, hatred, prejudice. One where the people control the government, not fear it. One where the people are for the people and not victims to corporate greed that manifests itself in their control over the government. Doesn’t that sound like a nice place to live? Well then, sign their petition to take a step toward that.
Their petition titled Wikileaks: Stop the crackdown reads:…
The ever-increasing upswell of people supporting the Wikileaks media service has created new rallies to show their support. Below is a list of the new ones.
Considering some of the recent revelations, is it any surprise people are more and more in support of them? Here’s a quick round up of what was written around the world yesterday:
- Consult us before using intelligence to commit war crimes, US tells Uganda – Not, which one would expect ‘don’t commit war crimes.Read more
- Shell’s grip on Nigerian state revealed – Well if you are going to not give them what they want, what choice do they have? Corporate greed run rampant. Read more
- US ‘lobbied Russia on behalf of Visa and MasterCard’ Read more (no wonder Visa stopped accepting payment. Visa, Mastercard and the Govt are all in a three-way love-fest. Must be why they run rampant with their anti-consumer ways.
- American Officials Pressed Germans to not arrest C.I.A. agents who kidnapped German Citizen – I wonder if they said something like ‘remember what we did for you in WWII’ Read more
- Americans had the Aussie Federal Labor Minister as their informant – Well if you’re going to have anyone, it might as well be at the highest levels right? Read more
- Lockerbie bomber freed after Gaddafi’s ‘thuggish’ threats – They didn’t want to risk a BOMBER dying in prison because Libya would get violent. Sure, let him go so he can go bomb more innocent civilians, well done! Read more
- UK PM says no Trident Nuclear program, secret cables say “ignore him, we’re proceeding” – Awesome! The ultimate two-faced political approach, lie to our faces. Read more
If you’re in Australia, the US, UK or Netherlands, see below for upcoming support rallies for WikiLeaks and the truth.