It’s been years since I’ve been an active freelance writer. But I’m back at it and rapidly gaining a new client base, and I’m starting to remember all the reasons that I love being a freelance writer.
I have been working in other industries for the past several years. During that time, I lost track of my freelance writing clients, contacts, and portfolios. Now, I’m working back toward the freedom and independence of the freelance writing lifestyle. That said, I’m nearly at ground zero. So I have to remember how I did it the first time, and do it again.
Being a freelance writer is a tough biz at times. Often I get proposals declined with statements like this.
…found someone else with long portfolio and better price…
I’m a Milwaukee area freelancer.
As a freelance writer, content marketer, social media strategist and copywriter I have over 3,000 articles published online and in print, on a wide range of topics including technology, finance, science, consumer electronics, travel and video games.
I also created, storyboarded and produced marketing videos, and static graphic design projects for clients. I have been tasked with content marketing, web design and search engine optimization as well as engaging with and activating an online audience through social media, forums, newsletters and other outlets.
The New Threat of Climate Change: Environmental Refugees
Trapped Populations: Held Hostage by Climate Change
Bringing Blockchain to the Unbanked
Cryptocurrency, Tech and Science Articles at Valuewalk
- February 9, 2018Can Litecoin Price Get Necessary Momentum To Move Up?
Litecoin, the so-called silver to Bitcoin’s gold (not Bitcoin Gold, an entirely different beast). For a while there Litecoin price looked like it was going to break out of the crypto trends and go its …
- February 9, 2018Bitcoin Price Forecast: Will It Rise Or Fall Again?
It’s time once again for another Bitcoin price forecast. Several days ago Bitcoin hit a low reminiscent of the middle of November last year. People freaked out. Many, mostly in traditional financial s …
- February 8, 2018Binance Exchange Trading Halted, Hack Rumors Abound
Every time something happens does not necessarily mean the markets are going to react. That is the sign that the cryptocurrency markets are indeed maturing. Today’s news that did not affect crypto pri …
- February 8, 20183 Cryptocurrencies That Could Unseat Bitcoin: Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash
Bitcoin is the elder stateman of cryptocurrencies. Numero uno is a crowded field, that which lit the path to wider adoption. However, it also has a lot of drawbacks like slow transaction load, long pr …
- February 8, 2018Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple Prices Rise Despite Being Called Ponzi Scheme
Financial dinosaurs cannot wrap their heads around cryptocurrencies. Not all of them, but a vast majority of them. Even though they talk down the impact and legitimacy of cryptocurrencies, the markets …
- February 7, 2018Bitcoin, Ethereum Price Back On Upward Trends
A ray of sunshine has been injected into the Bitcoin, Ethereum price this week. It’s all thanks to, surprisingly, the American government. Congress is having hearings on virtual currencies this week a …
- February 7, 2018Ripple Founder Worth Billions: Is XRP Price Increase The Reason?
When Ripple was founded and created their cryptocurrency, XRP, in 2012 they created one hundred billion of them. The transaction cost of the cryptocurrency is actually the destruction of a small amoun …
- February 6, 2018Is The Bitcoin Bubble Bursting, Or Is It A Market Correction?
If you listen to many in the mainstream media they are calling the Bitcoin bubble burst. Bitcoin has been on a slide since reaching the all-time high in December. But its price is back to where it was …
- February 6, 2018SEC, CFTC Announcement Could Determine The Future Of Bitcoin, Ethereum
Today, in Washington D.C. the Senate Banking Committee is meeting and some of the topics to be covered are cryptocurrencies and Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs). The entire cryptocurrency market was watc …
- February 5, 2018Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple Price Drop: Here’s Why
Another day of waking up to see red all over the cryptocurrency charts. What’s happening?! Here’s a look at the latest news that is cutting into crypto investor profits today and sending the markets d …
Content Marketing, Social Media Management:
Unpaid Project – Article Writing
2014-15: Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and all blog content for GameLock
2013-14: Social Media management, event coordination for INdustri Cafe.
Travel Writing Examples:
- ReelSEO.com – Continuing contributor of articles about online video, marketing and search engine optimization.
- Gamers Daily News – Editor-in-Chief – Most News, some reviews, interviews and editorials.
- New Cool Tech – All content until January 2009
- Real-Review.org – I researched the packages, wrote the reviews and made the chart.
- Childcaresoftwarestore.com – Video reviews of software packages.
- i9000 Networks – 95% of site.
- About 1st Healthy Eating
- About 1st HealthyLiving
- About 1st Fitness Pro
- Bliss Babe UK Home, About, Sizing Guide, Delivery & Returns
- Techware Solutions 95% of site
- Long Beach Web Design All 5 links on the yellow menu bar
- CubeCart Hosting 95% of site
- 9K Hosting 95% of site
- Abyss Aquatics – 85% of the site
- Cheshire Aquaculture – Most of site
Social Media Strategy & Consulting:
I also do social media management and online marketing for firms. Previous projects that I have consulted on, or manage entirely, include:
- Myspace, Facebook, Twitter for Classical Connect
- Facebook page for ReelSEO (2011-12)
- Myspace, Twitter, Facebook for Gamers Daily News (sold in 2012)
- Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest – GameLock 2012-13
- Facebook, Twitter – Industri Cafe 2013-14
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest – Hi Hat Garage 2015-16
You can also follow my writing on Twitter where I post much of the new stuff as it is published. You will also find me on Facebook, LinkedIn, mosaicHub, and other social networks and freelance sites.